Renew and Recharge (with a Giveaway!)

Over the last few weeks there has been a lot going on around here. I released my 2016 Reader Survey (which you can take right here if you haven’t done it yet), finally fully launched my business site (over at ashleylamar.com), and have set marriage and life goals for the new year.

My husband and I want to enroll our pups in doggie daycare 2x a week (so they get social playtime) and make sure that we plan at least 4 getaway vacations even if they are just a long weekend. I bought a new planner and I’ve been filling it up already with appointments and events. I also have a whole journal full of content ideas for FBL and my business. I’ve been busy…busy…busy. For the last few weeks I’ve basically sat at my desk with headphones plugged in, just working.

Now, here’s something you may not know about me – I’m a huge fan of hard rock / metal music. I love, love, love it. In fact, if you ever see me with my headphones in I can guarantee that there is a 50% chance I’m listening to hard rock / metal, a 40% chance I’m listening to gangsta rap, and a 10% chance I’m listening to (old) country. Just tryin’ to keep it real. 

One of the top songs on my iTunes is Realign by Godsmack simply because I love the lyrics that say:

Fell in a river of illusion
And apathy
Drowning in a self-induced confusion
I’d rather be
Yeah!

My fears come alive
In this place where I once died
Demons dreaming
Knowing I…I just needed to realign

Do you ever feel like that? Like you’re drowning in a self-induced confusion? Like your fears have come alive? Like you just need to realign? Yup. I think we all do and I want to take some time to encourage us all to do just that. That’s why I teamed up with some of my favorite fellow bloggers for a giveaway designed to do exactly that.

The holidays are so overwhelming and we all need to step back and renew ourselves when they are over. When the Christmas tree is taken down, the decorations are put away, the cookie crumbs are all cleaned up, and the new year has sprung I encourage you to take the time you need to prepare yourself for the year ahead.

Schedule time for a hot bath.

Set aside 30 minutes a day to read.

Maintain your planner so you can stay organized.

Pamper yourself with face masks, pedicures, and the occasional massage. 

Do it because you deserve it. I know it’s hard because I struggle with it too. I’ve been meaning to have my hair colored and cut for the last 3 weeks and I still haven’t done it but last night I went online, booked an appointment, and put it on my planner and told my husband that I’m doing it because I deserve it. He just kissed the top of my head and said, “Yes, you do.”

I love that he always encourages me to love on myself and I want to be same kind of encouragement to you too.

I teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers from one of my favorite blogging groups on Facebook to bring you a giveaway valued at over $150! The singular goal is to encourage you to focus on and love yourself when 2017 starts in a few short weeks. 

Here is what you’ll win:

  • LUSH Nevermind The Ballistics Bath Bomb (Features sweet wild orange and lime essential oils. It’s a great way to re-energize yourself!) 
  • Jurlique Lavender Essentials Duo (Pure luxury and perfect for anyone who wants to calm down, destress and treat themselves. It features a lavender hand cream and a hydrating mist.)
  • Emily Ley’s Grace Not Perfection
  • Assortment of Sheet Masks (Variety of brands including Purlisse, Cremorlab and Peach & Lily.)
  • Assorted Beauty (Makeup and Skincare) Samples
  • Chocolates
  • Daily Inspiration Boxed Set
  • 2017 Sugar Paper Planner
  • Inspirational Mug

This giveaway is open until New Year’s Eve!

Go ahead and enter (and good luck!).

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Ashley LaMar
Ashley lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband and two small dogs. If she’s not writing or blogging, she can usually be found cooking, reading, or watching baseball. She also loves horror movies.

CREATE YOUR LIFE BALANCE WHEEL

Subscribe and receive my FREE workbook to help you create a path toward work / life balance.

  • Yum! There is a new veggie recipe up on thehellip
  • because sometimes youre hungry and cant fight the craving! thelamarlifehellip
  • If you missed the giveaway for your very own deskcyclehellip
  • What I want to know is why MY Mondays donthellip
  • Had such a great time at criminalrecords with brandonbreaks forhellip
  • Theres my sweet lazy boy Its been a long hardhellip
  • Of all the workout shoes Ive ever owned Id neverhellip
  • I cannot wait to head up to visit my familyhellip
  • Our trip to Old Mill Park sparked my wanderlust Todayshellip
  • It seems that white on white on white is onhellip
  • Its time to sneak in a little me time onhellip
  • Easter brunch! Its a caramelized banana and walnut french toasthellip
  • It has been a busy day of errands and appointmentshellip
  • There is something so beautiful and mesmerizing about tree linedhellip
  • I think tonight is the night I finally get aroundhellip
  • Today is a day for celebrating my mother so hellip