This post includes affiliate links which help support Far Beyond Love. The recipe is not sponsored, the love for all products and items mentioned is my own.
Do you know how much Brandon and I love movie night? It’s probably our favorite date night. Of course, we do it at home because our seats are more comfortable and my popcorn is better. 😉 no hate to the theater but I’m over it.
We recently invested in an Apple TV which gives us access to basically every movie ever made, haha. Plus, Brandon put the digital copy of almost every movie in his blu-ray library on the device as well. We have way more movies than you’d imagine but it makes movie night so much fun. We’ve done a million movie marathons and replay our favorites over and over and over. Brandon has amazing taste in movies so I usually put him in charge of picking the film while I make the snacks. Obviously, a must for movie night date night is popcorn! Popcorn with butter is fine but popcorn with honey butter and rosemary is way better!
I used to be all about sweet popcorn so I would mix it up with caramel or a chocolate drizzle. I still do on occasion but lately I’ve gone further down the savory snack route. I cook with rosemary a lot (like with my lemon + rosemary roasted asparagus) and it seemed obvious to try it with popcorn. Honey + Rosemary is one of my favorite combinations and since honey combines so well with butter, this was a simple idea to whip up. Also, since I’m all about making things simple, I pop a plain bag of (POPCORN) and then mix it into the honey + rosemary mixture for a savory Honey + Rosemary Popcorn. It’s perfect for your movie night! If you’re looking for a film to go with it, may I suggest Rosemary’s Baby for a play on words? 😉
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher's Natural Light lightly salted popcorn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp light amber honey
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a small bowl
- Pop the bag of plain popcorn in the microwave until the popping sound slows and almost stops, about 2-3 minutes.
- While the popcorn is popping, mince the rosemary.
- Combine the melted butter, light amber honey, and fresh rosemary in a small bowl.
- Empty the bag of popcorn into a large bowl and drizzle with the honey rosemary butter. Stir to mix well.
- Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper as desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl and enjoy!
How do you enjoy your popcorn? Sweet or savory? Tweet me @ashleyfromfbl or leave your thoughts in the comments below.