I’ve been accused, on multiple occasions, of being manic. Sometimes my mind gets stuck on a topic and suddenly it just goes crazy with a million offshoot ideas and before I know it I’ve filled up two or three full notebooks with blog post ideas. It’s amazing for mind mapping but it overwhelms people I know IRL because they can’t follow the insanity. It goes on for 30 or 60 minutes, then it’s over. The major benefit? I never run out of blog post writing prompts. Never.
Unfortunately, a lot of bloggers aren’t the same way.
I see bloggers all the time writing about how they are so uninspired. Friends, that bums me out so I decided to do something about it and share a few of the items from my journals to get you back on the track. I have Jack White playing on my iTunes (Missing Pieces, anyone?) and I’m ready.
Ready for Writing Prompts? Here you go…
- Share a marriage lesson you learned from your parents and how it has impacted your own relationship.
- Tell me about the best piece of advice anyone ever gave you and how you apply it to your life.
- What is one goal you pursued and failed to accomplish? What lessons did you learn?
- Let us in on a current favorite. Share a craft, recipe, book, etc.
- Share a story about bullying. Were you bullied? Has a friend/family member been bullied? Were you once a bully? Talk and share insights into the experience.
- How do you keep your blog organized? What are your tips for organizational success?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation? What steps should I take to plan a dream vacation?
- Share a personal story about someone you view as a mentor. Why are they important to you? Why do you think mentors are important?
- If you could donate $10,000 to a charity, which charity would you donate to and why?
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- How do you make “Me” time in your busy schedule? Why is it important?
- Go pro blogger. Share your favorite plugins, design tips, fonts, themes, platform, etc.
- Tell me about the best year of your life. What happened? Why was it so special? Is there any life lesson you could teach me?
- Talk money. What is the biggest financial lesson you’ve ever learned?
- What was your dream job when you were younger? Why didn’t you pursue it?
- Share a time you overcame fear and faced a situation with bravery. How can others confront a similar uncomfortable situation?
- What is your morning routine? Do you start with meditation or prayer? Do you exercise or do yoga? Any quick breakfast tips or recipes?
- What quality do you love most about your spouse? How can others cultivate that quality in themselves?
- Share the top 10 (15? 25?) top played songs or albums on your iTunes.
- What is your favorite social media network? Why do you love it? Share any tips you have for success with it.
- Recommend other blogs in your niche. Tell your readers, “If you love me, you might also like…” and recommend a couple of your favorite blogger friends.
- Share a TBT of your worst fashion mistakes (and triumphs!)
- Tell us a road trip story! What happened? How could it have been better?
- Flashback to previous relationships and offer a couple of relationship tips. What did you learn from them? How did they help you grow as a person?
- What sets your heart on fire? What are you passionate about? Introduce me to your passion and tell me how you discovered your passion for it.
- Be vulnerable and talk about any pressure you feel to conform or be perfect. How do you combat it?
- Offer tips for screen-free time and bonding as a family. How can you spend time together without being online?
- Tell me how I could enjoy time outdoors during this season. Is it warm outside? Talk about picnics or parks. Is it cold outside? Maybe share holiday festivals.
- Show a little app love. What apps on your iPhone or tablet are your must-haves? Why do you love them? Why should I download them?
- Share a photo series. Highlight the best of your Instagram or recap your weekend in photos.
- What’s the toughest part of being an adult? Offer life tips.
There you have it friends! 31 prompts to help you get through your next month of blogging! Not a blogger yet? Well, then you can use those prompts to get started. Need help starting a blog? I’ve got you covered right here.
- How do you stay inspired blogging friends?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?